mqtt-users team mailing list archive

Re: Mosquitto not recognizing to messages coming from Arduino

Hi Brian,

> I came to this conclusion by placing a wireshark trace on traffic between
> the two nodes while exchanging MQTT messages. I confirmed this conclusion by
> seeing that when I used the default (for inside IBM) policy of dropping
> traffic from this udp port the MQTT messages did not get through, while if I
> changed the rules to accept udp packets from this port the PQTT messages got
> through.

I can't explain why allowing UDP port 17500 would allow messages
through. Does the output of lsof show that mosquitto has port 17500
associated with it? Do you run dropbox? It seems that port 17500 is
used by dropbox for its lan sync feature.

Cheers,

Roger