mqtt-users team mailing list archive

MQTT-HTTP bridging

Hi,

I'm interested to find out what MQTT to HTTP bridges/proxies exist and how they
work.

Clearly, there's sometimes a need a need to provide access via web browsers to
MQTT brokers. But, MQTT and HTTP are fundamentally different in their outlook.
HTTP is a request response 1:1 while MQTT is asynchronous, event based pub sub.

Beyond browsers, providing MQTT broker access over HTTP allows for integration
with existing services like Cosm's triggers, or ifttt.

The two bridges I have found handle the problem quite differently:
Mosquitto's websocket bridge proxies raw MQTT over websockets - forcing the
client to implement MQTT.

NJH's bridge (https://github.com/njh/mqtt-http-bridge) uses retained messages
to map to HTTP's GET/PUT CRUD semantics. But, doesn't provide any mechanism for
streaming messages.

Are there other implementations?
Does anything like the "stateful bridge" described below exist?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rODn8QzgbncB-EJg94Y-FWlsSgII0DxXOoBBZuc8Fvw/edit#

Thanks.