Re: [Ayatana] Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 16:12 +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> We're really moving away from app icons in menus. Really. Really
> really :-)
>
> Mark

Icons or no icons , there really must be some consistency in a system.

When the apps are considered as objects and the icons for these apps are
displayed in menus everywhere throughout the system...
I'm not sure why messaging menu must behave differently.

If app icons are not allowed in menus anywhere in the system , then we
can bring the system in line with messaging menu. ;)

But some consistency is needed. :)

--
Cheers,
mac_v