Re: [Ayatana] Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The current discussions I had with MPT about a related matter panned out roughly like this:

 - the main, default apps should be here by default (Evolution, Empathy, Gwibber)
 - other apps should install themselves here when first used
   - if in future we can tell WHO installed an app, they could get it in the menu when they install it
   - we don't want something minor to show up here for all users of a system when one user installs it

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be possible to show only those applications for which the user has already configured accounts? Without account access data, they won't work anyway, so, why listing them at all?

Cheers,

Martín