Re: [Ayatana] Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

Paulo J. S. Silva wrote:
I must agree.

It feels now very odd to see the Systems menu without any icons (only
to open a submenu like Administration or Settings with tons of icons
in it). All other menus in the panel have icons (applications and
places). I don't see why Systems doesn't. I knew something was
perturbing me and now I see the problem, as mac_v said, it is the lack
of consistency. And now we have the indicator applet (which is a mix
between a launcher and an status display) also avoid icons. That is
two menus with and two without icons.

The GNOME Shell effort is doing away with the Applications, Places and System menus. And our Netbook launcher Unity doesn't have them, either. And there are many things running on your system which don't have icons! So this is the general direction we are heading in.

Mark