Re: [Ayatana] Integrating Application Search & Install

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 15:01, Shane Fagan <shanepatrickfagan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I like the mockup but id remove the catagories and the close after
> execute. Plus id like it it was embedded in the menu like the MeMenu.

yes, yes and yes!!
thanks for your thoughs, Shane, i think the categories should obey
rules for filtering that are currently being set up by Calum Benson
and his team over at GNOME Usability.
perhaps one can just safely hide them for now.

embedding:
the exact same thought came to my mind, especially making it an
indicator-style menu, too.
indicators are menu² in my honest opinion, let's give it consistency
and convert all menus into optionally using that design.

i think it's not only a crime agains design ethics but also simply a
waste of ideas to not "assimilate" the applications, places and system
menus to our new indicator menu style.