Re: [Ayatana] "Unsaved state" and the Cloud

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 07:31 +0300, Natan Yellin wrote:

> I'm not crazy about autoversioning, because it becomes awfully
> difficult to find what you need if you have a revision for every line
> that you ever changed. I'd rather see a model where every file is
> saved automatically and "Hard Saves" provide a way for the user to
> commit a revision.

I think undo/redo and versioning should become one. An explicit revision
would be a bookmark in the history.

Ideally the system would create some bookmarks automatically, for
example if the user shares the current state (without history) with
another user. Basically adding meta-data to the history.

Of course there would have to be some history flattening scheme.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/