Re: [Ayatana] Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 10:30, Sense Hofstede <qense@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you think the Currently Playing information from media players
should be added here as well? Or would that make the menu too large?

isn't this the most fundamental question in this whole thread?
are we actually going to have the audio indicator merged with the music player indicator into a new "audio" indicator?

*video* is the obvious purpose of *everything* within the frames of your display, be it a 10" netbook screen or a HD beamer projection to your favourite canvas..

*audio* needs to be represented visually, since audible playback is not always as easily accessible or focused as *video* is for the most of us.

i think, contributing to the "problem description" search in this thread, we can consider the visual representation of audio itself in our DE as a viable foundation for further elaboration.