Re: [Ayatana] ApplicationIndicators design decision and its application to Rhythmbox

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 15:46, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
However, the number of clicks to access a functioh is not
an appropriate metric for usability. If it is, we should abandon the
Applications menu and link the desktop to /usr/share/applications ;)

sh#t dylan the absurd ones are always the best ideas! Thanks!
We should only think like that, if you ask me ;)

Showing the desktop is always easy.. there are several redundant ways and a widget-layer-like shortcut could also help with that (e.g. F12)

i heard the word "reveal" somewhere, IIRC Mark used it.
Now you "reveal" the desktop, and why not populate it with scaled down semi transparent tiles of the active windows, perhaps, like Mark suggested elsewhere, with Windicators (in their original unscaled size) on them. That would be quite like the Activity Cards[1] of WebOS, an incredibly usable concept.

Compiz is quite adept in offering such features as scaling, tiling etc..

Is this a dead end?

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUSui3rH1a8