Re: [Ayatana] Combo Indicator Applets

Le mardi 18 mai 2010 à 10:50 -0600, Jeremy Nickurak a écrit :
> AFAIK, only ubuntu's branches of these environments have messaging
> menu support. Have they seen any uptake upstream? Are there upstream
> applications using the messaging menu?

I think Ted is referring to supporting the menu itself. For KDE
there is the messaging menu plasmoid and xfce can use any Gnome
panel applets.

For Gnome-shell (correct me if I'm wrong, Ted), it would just
be a matter of porting the indicator-applet to the javascript
extension system of Gnome-shell, because the indicators
themselves, including the indicator-messages, are designed to
be independent widgets not tightly coupled to the
indicator-applet, which is just a box for showing them.