Re: [Ayatana] Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

Op donderdag 20-05-2010 om 12:00 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Mark
Shuttleworth:
> We discussed auto-attenuating music when a *phone call* comes through,
> which makes sense. But multiple music players.... that's up to the user
> to handle.

Can anybody give a use-case for having 2 music players *playing* at the
same time?  And I'm thinking about playing music from a music library or
listening to on-line radio or similar, not another sound-producing
application...

Maybe an interrupted music player could even get an automatic signal
from the interrupting music player when it's done?  Or otherwise
clicking the interrupted music player in the list of music players
could/should un-pause it?  (Maybe the menu should have some indication
of which listed music players are paused?)

Otherwise, how would the sound indicator menu look like with multiple
music players loaded?  Imagine I have 3 music players running, how would
the sound menu look like?  (Can somebody make a design sketch of that?)

Off-topic: can somebody please fix Launchpad mailing lists so that they
send me *all* mail?  Currently I have to fish most replies to my own
mails sent to this list out of a "garbage folder" that normally only
contains duplicate mails...  :-(

--
Jan Claeys