Re: [Ayatana] Lack of harmony between panel applets

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 07:45 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> If you are running only Ayatana indicators, then yes you will be able
> to have a "menu only" experience end-to-end. For 10.10 that will mean
> using connection manager, which will still have rough edges, and the
> clock indicator, which is relatively simplistic. But it will still
> feel tighter and more unified than a hodge-podge of panel applets, so
> that's how I'll be using it :-)

So long as it has 24 hour clock, seconds and an ability to display a
basically a custom datetime format of my choosing through some non-ui
configuration.

I really like iso date/time.

Although I hear it'll unravel all the functionality for the evolution
calendar and task list as well as the handy locations and ability to
change locations from that menu.

Is that true?

Martin,