Re: [Ayatana] Broadcasting from Me Menu: thoughts after some time using it

had to throw this out there before it slipped my mind, but one of the disadvantages to the design I proposed was that it takes a few to many clicks to tweet. Which is of course quite a problem considering the target audience and the typical urgency of the situation. However one of the beauties of having the contact list in the corner is it allows you to take advantage of the screen edge.

Taking into consideration that an auto opened large contact list would be a problem, and that the cursor typically moves inward as you go down a list, one could simply trace from the corner down the edge of the screen to open the contacts (list). Further, having the the contact list sorted by favorites would make the Tweet contact not far off from the top as well as a swift one click open. Followed by a "omg I just tried the bannana burger on In-n-outs secret menu!, it was amaaaazing!!1!"