Re: [Ayatana] reviewing the Screenshot Tool [was: Idea: windicator add-ons, an extensible window border]

2010/7/4 Frederik Nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx>
* can't zoom thumb
* can't crop

Crop (and therefore zoom) is something I do with almost all screenshots, and I think it's such a common use case that it should really be available directly in the app, even though it's some duplication of effort. I also think that the tool could very well open a bigger window with a bigger thumb, when there is room for it. It pops up on top anyway, so no need to save space? Also, it could probably make better use of the space to get a bigger thumb.

Super-simple annotation would be useful too (pen + text) but of course that treads further down the path of complexity and duplication.

* no support for image hosting services [2]

I would like to see a plugin functionality for this, even though some of the more popular could be included and activated by default. There just are so many useful utilities for such a possibility, my own use case would be the ability to install or write a plugin that knows how to file and issue with Jira, Bugzilla, etc. Others would like Flickr, Picasa, Facebook etc, or any of the national image communities like the Swedish bilddagboken ("image diary").

It could very well be a restricted kind of plugin that only is allowed to register into a "share/send" kind of menu.

/ K