Re: [Ayatana] CSD and the pressure to innovate

On 06/07/10 02:02, Frederik Nnaji wrote:
> I thought it didn't depend on window decoration anymore!?
> Doesn't Global Menu read its items idenpendently already?

Our Global Menu requires the application to publish it's menu using a
protocol we have designed and implemented, over d-bus.

For Gtk and Qt, the aim is to make that automatic (i.e. the app doesn't
have to do anything special unless it really wants to).

The issue for Firefox is that it will need to implement this for itself,
it doesn't use Qt or Gtk.

Mark