Re: [Ayatana] Windicator Unnecessary

I don't think he is saying bugs, but more irksome problems. Maybe more along the lines of papercuts. just reporting something that could make the application better, not something that completely breaks the app. though both could be used as the same thing, having the option to report as a bug or a papercut.

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Frederik Nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Martin ;)

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 01:01, Martin Owens <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 15:54 -0500, Apoorva Sharma wrote:
> I don't propose that we should completely ditch windicators, but I
> guess you could say that I propose that windows show statuses related
> to them in the titlebar, alongside the panel menu notifications.
>
> I think having windicators is a good idea, but they should be
> standardized, not used unnecessarily and inconsistently.

Windicators could be useful and consistent, but I guess it'll take a
long time for the functionality to settle down and I'm willing to wait 3
years to see what happens and where they go.

I want a complaints windicator that offers a single text box to type in
a one line complaint/problem and which creates a list of outstanding
complaints. These one lines are arrogated on a server somewhere and
probably has some code to look through for patterns in complaints.

Project people could then use the data as a much less structured source
of usability and functionality testing data.

Martin,

do you mean something like an "ubuntu-bug" windicator?