Re: [Ayatana] Restart Required

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:26, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The strong likelihood is that you are insecure until you reboot, so we
class it as a warning and make it red.

A kernel update doesn't neccesarilly mean an insecurity, it might just be a stability or driver update. I rarely reboot my system just because the kernel has a update to a driver for a device that's not even on my system. As a result, that indicator is red 99% of the time.

FWIW, my personal anecdote is that I've just learned to ignore red things on the panel, as a result.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: -= jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-