[Ayatana] A side Panel for apps and folders?

Hello everybody,

I don't know where the ideas of  menu "apps" and "folders" are, but I
suggest that we use a side panel. (contrary to this idea:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/138733/unity-app-view.pdf)

In my mind a menu for apps in fullscreen can be annoying for wide
screen. I don't know for you but in my company we don't use display
smaller than 19". And with such sizes, if we make many go in and go
out it can be disturbing, especially if the background is white.

So I suggest that we don't use the entire screen to display all the
apps, with a big screen we don't need all this size. Too examples here
to explain my purpose:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/XF5/
http://ubuntuone.com/p/XF7/

And I had made some try for  GnomeShell mockups (non official) with
javascript to understand, just here: http://ubuntuone.com/p/ABU/
Just do a "$ firefox index.html" to try and move the mouse over the
menus and names.

Thanks for listening.

Kao