[Ayatana] Gwibber and Empathy notifications overlap confusingly

Hi all,

I found a little annoying problem with desktop notifications. Basically,
sometimes I have problems to identify the application that issued a
notification. Here's an example. Think the following situation:

1. You are running both Empathy and Gwibber.

2. Some of your friends are both on Empathy (via Jabber) and Gwibber
(via identi.ca).

3. One of this friends sends a message using identi.ca.

Now, what happens? You receive a desktop notification that shows the
name of the person and its message. The problem is: how do you know how
you have received this message? Via Empathy or via Gwibber? It is not
simple to figure this out without looking directly at the applications.

When you receive a notification from Empathy or Evolution, the messaging
menu becomes green and clicking it shows some useful details (such as
the number of unread messages and the names of the people you are
speaking to). However, with Gwibber nothing happens. So, when Gwibber
sends a notification, you can't directly check it, but instead you must
check that no other application sent it.

I don't know how to fix this. Maybe the notifications should be more
detailed, or maybe the messaging menu should show information relative
to Gwibber. I have though on this a bit but couldn't find a nice
solution for this problem, so I hope to start some useful
brainstorming. :-)

Thanks,
Andrea

--