Re: [Ayatana] Gwibber and Empathy notifications overlap confusingly

Hey all,
On this entire thread I have 1 comment and I havent been following any
of it so forgive me if im repeating what someone else said. The comment
I have is that you can use both facebook and gtalk in empathy and you
can also get status updates from facebook and buzz.

The one thing id like to have in the future is one facebook auth for
both empathy and google services gtalk+buzz(+evolution too if we can
figure it) how we can do that is the problem. The jabber protocol which
gtalk and facebook use has a username and password system to auth and
the status updating uses OAuth (correct me if im wrong). To complicate
matters further facebook users have to set their username in the
settings before jabber works.

So it would be awesome to unify everything but in practice it would be
hard. If we could create some awesome pluggable unified accounts system
it would do the job but would be a pain to get going. Personally id say
it would be worth it to try.

Regards
--fagan