Re: [Ayatana] Gwibber and Empathy notifications overlap confusingly

owever, with Gwibber nothing happens.

That's not true. The current version in the Maverick repositories add an entry
to the message menu specific to the message, like Emnpathy does. And the
current version in trunk uses entries with counts like Evolution, for the
"Messages", "Replies" and "Private" streams.

I do agree that mixing Gwibber and Empathy notifications is indeed a problem,
though, because a lot of people include me use the same avatar for both. A
possible solution could be overlaying a small application icon in front of the
avatar image in the notification bubble, but I'm not sure if it's noticeable enough.