Re: [Ayatana] No one will ever use the upper-left Ubuntu button

It should also be mentioned that my proposal for the Ubuntu button (clck to recall, click to flip dock) would also be ideal for tablet/handheld devices as it would allow the user to recall and interact with the dock using only the thumb at the edge of the screen.

Another thing worth mentioning is that using the mouse, as opposed to touch, the dock could be recalled immediately when hovering over the button, saving the extra click when using a mouse, so that to get to the "places" side of the dock only one click would be necessary.

I'm liking this idea more and more, though I might be the only one!

An interesting suggestion - maybe a web-based mockup would help test it?

I'm not sure how I would go about making a web-based mockup, and I only have access to �a netbook at the moment. But I am willing to give it a go if it's not too involved and helps make my suggestion more clear, if you can explain to me how to go about it.