Re: [Ayatana] window and workspace management in unity

Nice timing for you, Shane, but unfortunately no one else seems to care?

OK, reading a bit here showed me that images show more than words, so here are two images from me, showing the "how to pick the right text document window?" problem:

image 1:
window spread in unity with 6 text documents:

http://ubuntuone.com/p/gtO/

seriously, it is very hard to distinguish the several documents this way!

image 2:
quick and dirty mock up: window spread with title not zoomed:

http://ubuntuone.com/p/gtQ/

that way, selecting windows would be easy.

by the way, I first tried that with pdf Documents in evince, but showing more than 4 documents in a window spread always crashed unity/compiz for me:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/732048

regards,
Bazon