Re: [Ayatana] Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

On 26. mai 2011 23:46, Niklas Rosenqvist wrote:
2011/5/26 Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx>
> The biggest benefit I see, is the calmness it brings to my work
> environment.

That's funny :) It's the exact opposite for me. I like having the top of the screen free since my eyes most often scan the top part of the screen. A top panel/global menu is always there to provide information.

No. If that was the case, then I would certainly argue against it,
for precisely the reason you mention. The global menu is hidden
until you either move the mouse pointer to it or ask for it to be
displayed by pressing the alt key. That's how it is and that's how
I'm so hoping it'll stay. I think it's a huge enhancement.

Whenever I see a menu bar containing a file menu that only
contains the item "Exit", my heart screams: release me! :)

Jo-Erlend Schinstad