Re: [Ayatana] Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

On 27. mai 2011 01:32, GonzO wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Niklas Rosenqvist
<niklas.s.rosenqvist@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
GonzO have you forgotten that sometimes people require a email client if
their mail server doesn't support a web interface?
I don't think I am, no.

I said that, *for me*, a fat client is nonsensical.  I also said that,
of all the people I know who still use a fat client, it is *also*
nonsensical.

One of the reasons why I prefer native apps, is that they have
consistent user interfaces. I know that I can press ctrl+f to search
a treeview or listview, for instance. My keybindings are global
to my desktop. They are not global to the web.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad