Re: [Ayatana] Understanding the menu problem.

On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:15:38 PM huffylinux@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
(I don't know who wrote the double indents bits):

> > How many of those bugs are simply anti-Global Menu, though, having
> > nothing to do with FFP?
>
> None of the ones I am referring to.  :)

In fact, I think the entire question is indicitive of a very narrow
perspective on how people use computers.  If you consult the official Ubuntu
Release Notes for 11.04, it says:

"Unity does not yet fully support focus-follows-mouse/sloppy-focus/point-to-
click. Enabling this feature may cause unexpected behavior "

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyNarwhal/ReleaseNotes

There was lots of discussion about this problem prior to release, but the
simple fact is that it's a not terribly rare way to work that isn't well
supported in Unity.  People who want to encourage Unity adoption can either
figure out how to support this way of working or see such people migrate to
other desktop environments.  If you think the user should have to adopt to the
design, then I think you're looking at it backwards.

Scott K