Re: [Ayatana] The Dash in Onereric Ocelot

On 17/08/11 09:11, Niklas Rosenqvist wrote:
I just read on Shuttleworth's blog about the new Dash color:

"Rather than a flat darkening, we’re introducing a wash based on the
desktop colour. The dash thus adjusts to your preferred palette based on
your wallpaper. The same principle will drive some of the login
experience – choosing a user will shift the login screen towards that
users wallpaper and palette."

Does anyone know how this will work with, e.g., a white wallpaper when
the Dash has white text?

It's not quite working at the moment, but we'll be choosing the colours from a palette that we can guarantee produces a readable Dash. This means that for white, for example, we might choose a grey that lets the white on the dash still stand out enough to read comfortably.

--
Neil Jagdish Patel | Technical Lead
Desktop Experience Team