mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Proper revision control practices

Just a follow-up on this. I'm not sure if Prageeth mentioned it elsewhere. I
met with Prageeth on Monday and we talked about my previous email. We
decided that since he was working on a huge changeset, it would be
appropriate to start using branches.

So all of Prageeth's changes on the wrappers around the database are
available online, but in a separate branch to the main "trunk". The new
branch is called lp:~mugle-dev/mugle/data-wrapper (which means a. it's on
Launchpad, b. it's owned by the mugle-dev group, so any of us can edit it,
c. it's in the MUGLE project, and d. it's called data-wrapper).

Scott, if you would like to see or participate in Prageeth's changes, you
should create a separate Bazaar checkout:

$ bzr checkout lp:~mugle-dev/mugle/data-wrapper

You can interact with this as you would trunk.

Note that the revision numbers split off after r54. So if you have to
mention a number after that, you should say, e.g., "trunk
r55<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Emugle-dev/mugle/trunk/revision/55>"
which refers to a different revision than "data-wrapper
r55<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Emugle-dev/mugle/data-wrapper/revision/55>".
Eventually, when data-wrapper merges back into trunk, data-wrapper r55 will
become known as "trunk r54.1.1", as it is the first commit in a branch which
forked off from trunk r54.