mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: DataTestService

> When you run the app there's a "Populate Datastore" button underneath the
> login url that runs it.

Oh yes, I forgot that I could run the app now.

Also you can log in fine with a different username - it automatically
> creates an entry in the datastore if the user doesnt exist at login

Uh, that's a problem!
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mugle/+bug/773000

Also those new users are automatically being registered as 'developers' at
the moment. Is there a reason?

Now I am having a really hard time adding a devteam to DataTestServiceImpl,
so maybe someone else could do it. What I have so far is:

      DevTeamData[] devteams = new DevTeamData[] {
                                        new DevTeamData("test", "Test Team")
                                      };
      devteams[0].addUser(users[0]);        // matt
      devteams[0].addUser(users[1]);        // scott
      devteams[0].addUser(users[2]);        // prageeth
      pm.makePersistentAll(devteams);

For some reason, the first time I click Populate database, I get a server
error on makePersistAll(devteams), "App Engine ORM does not support multiple
parent key provider fields." I don't know what this means. Have you seen it?
Here is some advice<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3800902/app-engine-orm-does-not-support-multiple-parent-key-provider-fields>,
but I'm confused: all the people complaining about this error are using sets
of *objects* not sets of *keys*, and the advice people give is: use sets of
keys instead! But we are using sets of keys. So I don't know how to fix
this.

The second time I click Populate database, it always works. Very strange.

Last problem is that if I look in the data viewer (
http://127.0.0.1:8080/_ah/admin/), I see that the dev team has got users,
but the individual users do not have a dev team. I'm not sure what's causing
that. The code in DevTeamData.addUser looks good. Do you expect it to work?

Also is there something special about the user ~matt? The
DataTestServiceImpl includes a line of code pm.makePersistent(users[0]); Is
that redundant? I removed it.