mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: DataTestService

I have *still* not found a solution for this:

Now I am having a really hard time adding a devteam to DataTestServiceImpl,
> so maybe someone else could do it. What I have so far is:
>
>       DevTeamData[] devteams = new DevTeamData[] {
>                                         new DevTeamData("test", "Test
> Team")
>                                       };
>       devteams[0].addUser(users[0]);        // matt
>       devteams[0].addUser(users[1]);        // scott
>       devteams[0].addUser(users[2]);        // prageeth
>       pm.makePersistentAll(devteams);

I am still getting the error described in the previous email the first time
I click Populate. But I'm ignoring that for now since I can make it work if
I click the button again.

Now I can't create any GameData objects. Has anybody *ever* created a
GameData object and stored it in the database? I can't get it to persist at
all, due to a number of reasons -- I filed a bug
here<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mugle/+bug/774677>.
It seems like this code has never been tested.

I don't have enough experience with JDO or the MUGLE data wrappers to figure
this one out. Can someone please make GameData work? I'm finding this pretty
irritating. This weekend I was planning to write the code to upload
GameFiles and I've spent hours just trying to create a bunch of database
objects because the basic code for creating objects doesn't work.

I have committed my changes so you can test the functionality. Currently,
clicking "populate database" raises that second exception about not having a
mapping. Can anyone figure this out?