mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Getter/Setter user level and clientview

> The @GetterUserLevel defines the read permissions, and the @SetterUserLevel
> defines write permissions. Why do most fields not have a @SetterUserLevel?
> Does that mean the permissions are the same as the getter by default?

Most of the fields that you are talking about, I pressume they are reference
lists? The list itself should not be editable, only the values should be
changed. Adding and removing of these values are handled by the Services and
should never be changed by the ModelWrapper conversions.

> I don't get the difference between the private and public view. When is a
> private view going to happen and when a public? This isn't explained in the
> documentation, and every single example there has set the public and private
> view to the same role!

Private view is when the owner is trying to view something, and Public is
when it's not the owner who's viewing it.

> Please update the documentation with answers to these questions.

I doubt I'll have time to do much work this week, I've been pushing all my
other work since I wanted to spend time on mugle during the weekend. Got
three assignment/report due this week and I might not be able to make any
code modifications.
However, I will be around to help if there are any questions, etc.

--
*Prageeth Silva*