Fwd: N-Trig Device Enablement Plan for Lucid

For future reference...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rafi Rubin <rafi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: March 12, 2010 11:33:42 PM MST
To: Robbie Williamson <robbie.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Duncan McGreggor <duncan.mcgreggor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rafi Rubin <rafi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
Subject: Re: N-Trig Device Enablement Plan for Lucid

        * We will then ask you to perform some initial testing of the
        N-trig driver and X packages to make sure the experience they
provide matches his expectations. We'd also like your advice on
        which apps we should use to test basic single and multi-touch
        functionality.

Do you have any sort of existing list for touch or tablets/digitizers?

For single touch and pen:
easystroke
firefox/thunderbird with grab-n-drag installed

gimp/<insert favorite drawing program here>
Aisleriot (or other solitaire with dragging)
Mahjongg is good for course tapping demo.
krank
xournal
inkscape

Those last three are better with the pen than touch. Xournal is a very important test, since many people are selecting these machines for reading and note taking, and there has been a problem with touch getting in the way when writing with the pen (I've been improving it with each revision of the driver).

The first two on that list really show how touch is actually much more than a gimmick and that it actually can change the way you interact with the computer,

For multitouch, I don't have much. I've just been trying to get it working well, haven't actually gotten to the point of trying to use it. Stephane's students wrote some demos to try out. I've been told kde has mt gestures in some apps, but I haven't seen it for myself.