Re: n-trig updates

On Apr 7, 2010, at 12:23 PM, Rafi Rubin wrote:

On 04/07/10 13:43, Duncan M. McGreggor wrote:

On Apr 1, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Stéphane Chatty wrote:

Le 1 avr. 10 à 00:09, Rafi wrote:

Just an FYI, Stéphane and I have been seeing an odd behavior where
the n-trig
hardware stops sending events. The devices look like they should be
functioning
normally and just show no sign of activity (no events coming down
from the usb
device).

I think I have a working solution. It has to do with a message
starting with 0x0a that I had observed the PC sending to the device
without being able to reproduce it correctly. Considering it as a
feature report and sending it as such with usbhid_submit_report seems
to do the trick.

I'll make a few more tests and send a patch to Rafi for further testing.

Any progress on this?

Yes, Stephane submitted a patch yesterday.

Really great stuff, Rafi -- thanks for the detailed update.

On top of that I noticed, the single touch firmwares are emitting DOUBLETAP but not TOUCH. I thought I'd checked that more carefully. The distinction is that wacom uses DOUBLETAP and evdev ignores it. This can be patched in the user space side (either change the udev rules to single->wacom and multi- >evdev, or add DOUBLETAP in one spot to evdev), if that's preferable to trying to sneak in
another kernel change.

Andy, Bryce, and Rick: what are your thoughts on this?