Re: n-trig updates

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 12:29:02PM -0600, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> >On top of that I noticed, the single touch firmwares are emitting
> >DOUBLETAP but
> >not TOUCH.  I thought I'd checked that more carefully.  The
> >distinction is that
> >wacom uses DOUBLETAP and evdev ignores it.  This can be patched in
> >the user
> >space side (either change the udev rules to single->wacom and
> >multi->evdev, or
> >add DOUBLETAP in one spot to evdev), if that's preferable to
> >trying to sneak in
> >another kernel change.
>
> Andy, Bryce, and Rick: what are your thoughts on this?

Well, adding it on the user side to the PPA is quite easy, just give me
the patch.  Having it in the kernel, though, would be the better option
given the direction to focus on low level enablement.

In other news...  well I can confirm doubletap isn't working.  I've put
ubuntu and our PPA and apw's kernel onto the XT2 and given it a run
through.  Without the ppa+kernel, the pen works but not touch.  With the
ppa+kernel pen and single touch works, but not doubletap.  apw and I are
comparing notes.

Looking forward to rafi's testing tool.  So far figuring out how to test
MT is perplexing me.

Bryce