Re: n-trig updates

Le 7 avr. 10 à 22:45, Bryce Harrington a écrit :

I took a look at this page, but found myself clueless at knowing how to
fill it in for my own hw.

That's what I meant about improving the table :-) The columns were the best I could do six months ago. Now, the driver is more mature and we have a clearer view of what to check.

It would be nice if at the bottom of the page
it had a set of directions (or bash snippets) for how to extract the
info.

Agreed. But first we need to decide what the info is. To get the ball rolling, here are a few ideas:
 - firmware version
- link to hid report descriptors from lsusb -v (always be useful for future reference)
 - stylus OK
 - single touch OK
 - multitouch OK

(but I think we need to refine the last three items)

For instance, grepping firmware versions out of `lshw`.

I did not know about lshw, thx. But apparently, it fails to report the firmware version. So far, the only procedure I know consists in booting Windows 7, launching the N-trig control panel and reading the firmware version from its main page. As I said to Rafi, my next project on the N-trig is to find out if we can extract the firmware version through the HID protocol.

Btw, I found that on my Dell XT2, lsinput showed two Touchscreen devices
but no 'Multitouch'.  Similarly in xinput list.  lsusb shows
"N-Trig Duosense ...", and dmesg indicates dtrig is loaded but no
mention of "touch".

So I was thinking of updating the firmware, but is there any info/data
you'd like me to gather from the stock device before doing so?

It would be good to have your firmware version :-) And good luck for the upgrade. Rafi is your reference on this, he's become an expert at this.

St.