Re: n-trig updates

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 10:06:22PM +0200, Stéphane Chatty wrote:

> Le 7 avr. 10 à 20:23, Rafi a écrit :
> >Yes, Stephane submitted a patch yesterday.  In testing, I found
> >two problems,
> >particularly with really old firmware.  The fixes are trivial, I
> >just need to
> >test more firmware versions to make sure my fixes are safe.
>
> Rafi, could we use this opportunity to complete and improve the
> table at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/NtrigFirmwareStatus ?
>
> I guess we don't need people's names and Windows version anymore,
> and perhaps we can have more precise columns now that we understand
> the situation better.
>
> What do you think?

I took a look at this page, but found myself clueless at knowing how to
fill it in for my own hw.  It would be nice if at the bottom of the page
it had a set of directions (or bash snippets) for how to extract the
info.  For instance, grepping firmware versions out of `lshw`.

Btw, I found that on my Dell XT2, lsinput showed two Touchscreen devices
but no 'Multitouch'.  Similarly in xinput list.  lsusb shows
"N-Trig Duosense ...", and dmesg indicates dtrig is loaded but no
mention of "touch".

So I was thinking of updating the firmware, but is there any info/data
you'd like me to gather from the stock device before doing so?

Bryce