Re: MT Architecture: First Draft

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 05:43:48PM -0400, Chase Douglas wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 22:44 +0200, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
> > Ping Cheng of wacom have been very active during the patchwork for the MT slot
> > extension, and it is very likely that they have something cooking for the MT
> > protocol. If you want, I could try and see if they would be interested in
> > accelerating the development, targeting Maverick.
>
> Yeah, this is exactly why I sent out an email to linux-input about this
> [1]. It sounds like Wacom is quite willing to help someone interested in
> developing an in-kernel multitouch driver using evdev, but they don't
> have the man power to do it themselves at this time.
>
> As I said in a reply, I am personally interested in writing such a
> driver, but I'm not sure if I will have the time to do so either :(.
>
> -- Chase
>
> [1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg08955.html

Thanks a lot for bringing this up guys :) yeah it seems to me as well
that writing a in-build kernel driver using evdev would be an awesome
idea, I don't have much experience with this but I am learning :) so
Chase, if you could point me to some resources, and guide me through the
process, I could probably help writing one myself. School is almost over
so I have plenty of time over the summer and I am actually serious about
doing something like this. Thanks again :)

--
Regards,
Vikram Dhillon