Re: New user

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 02:10 +0100, Aritra Dalal wrote:
> hey there,

Hi, and welcome.

> I'm Aritra, and I'm here because I'm quite interested in the
> multitouch. At the moment, I have an HP tx2. The stylus works fine,
> but when I touch the screen, it usually results in a kernel freeze a
> little while later...
>
> I was hoping on getting a bit more insight into this matter...

Before I could get the tx2 working properly with touch I had to upgrade
the firmware in the touch hardware.  The manufacturer has had some
difficulty supporting this hardware.  You need to use Windows to upgrade
the firmware at the moment.  See
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch#Device%20Information> for more
information.

--