Re: UDS-N Planning

On 08/18/2010 01:13 PM, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I've been keeping track of suggestions from various sources on features,
> plans, etc., for MT that we could discuss at UDS, and have just now had
> a chance to put it up on the MT wiki page:
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/UDS/N
>
> Give it a look, and add items that you'd be interested in discussing;
> we'll see about scheduling them for sessions at UDS in Orlando. Even if
> you're not going to be able to make it to UDS in October, there's still
> remote participation! And failing that, your input here could help out
> other folks down the line :-)
>
> Thanks!

The topics from the brainstorming wiki page have all been entered into
Launchpad as blueprints. You can see them here:
  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu?searchtext=hci-

Stephen Webb and I have one pending for the gesture language work in
Natty, but other than that, this about wraps it up.

For best results, anyone interested in having a session around touch,
human-computer interaction, etc., should create a blueprint in LP and
prepend the name with hci-n-, so I see it and can then approve it. If
you continue using the wiki, something might get overlooked!

UDS-N is shaping up to be quite a new adventure for Design, Gestures,
MT, and other DXy goodness (hrm, there's got to be a good Calculus joke
in there...). Stay tuned, and ping me with any questions.

Thanks,