Re: Multitouch in Qt/QML, status

On 01/21/2011 05:59 AM, denis.dzyubenko@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> On 20 Jan 2011, at 14:22, ext Florian Boucault wrote:
>
>> I come to you with questions about the status of multitouch in QML. I
>> was informed that you likely have most of the bits ready to be able to
>> write multitouch QML applications with gestures coming from GEIS.
>>
>> More specifically, in Ubuntu Natty I think that we will have Xinput 2.1
>> and GEIS 2.0. Where do we stand on integrating these with Qt?
>> And also, do you have by any chance a branch that would work on Ubuntu
>> Maverick with GEIS 1.0?
>>
>> Being very new to the multitouch stack I apologise if I am not being
>> very accurate.
>

> Speaking of multi-point touch, there are a few experimental api for accessing touch information from QML, however none of them are in the Qt source tree. One of the implementation is made by Zeno Albisser (CCed), we can tell you whether it is available from a public repository, or when it can be made available. However I would like to stress that those are only experiments, and there are no decision which qml api will end up in Qt.
> For c++ there is a more clear answer however - XInput 2.1 support with Qt is work-in-progress and there is a public branch of Qt which you can track: http://qt.gitorious.org/+qt-developers/qt/multipoint-touch/commits/4.7-with-xinput2.1
>
> Regarding gestures, some time ago we have been playing with GEIS 1.0 and even had geis gestures translated to Qt gestures, however as far as I know we didn't go beyond those experiments (that were meant to prove that we can interact with GEIS) and are waiting for a GEIS 2.0 instead. For Natty with GEIS 2.0 we are going to map those gestures to Qt gestures, however that work hasn't started yet.
>
> Denis.

Thank you for the clear answer Denis. Are the experiments to translate
GEIS 1.0 gestures into Qt gestures public? When do you think the work on
adapting these to GEIS 2.0 will start?
Correct me if I am wrong but if the gestures are translated into Qt
gestures, does that mean that using the experimental QML APIs one could
receive gestures from GEIS?

Florian