Re: Multitouch in Qt/QML, status

On 01/22/2011 12:47 PM, Dzyubenko Denis (Nokia-MS-Qt/Oslo) wrote:
On 21 Jan 2011, at 14:57, ext Florian Boucault wrote:
Thank you for the clear answer Denis. Are the experiments to translate
GEIS 1.0 gestures into Qt gestures public?
actually I don't know, let's wait for Zeno to reply.
It was (is) public, but it is outdated and will probably be done completely different.
http://qt.gitorious.org/+qt-developers/qt/gestures/commits/4.7-gesture-plugin-geis
When do you think the work on
adapting these to GEIS 2.0 will start?
we were talking about that, and we don't have a concrete date, but I believe we agreed that it is time to look close again.
Is there GEIS 2.0 and GRAIL ready for being used / being connected to Qt?
Correct me if I am wrong but if the gestures are translated into Qt
gestures, does that mean that using the experimental QML APIs one could
receive gestures from GEIS?

yes, that should work. However in those experiments we haven't gone further after receiving GEIS gestures as one "custom" gesture, we didn't split it up and map for example Pan to QPanGesture, hence it is not too convenient.
Once we really start the integration we will definitely create a proper mapping. For QML nevertheless some custom code might be necessary, since our own GestureArea didn't make it into Qt itself. - Some of our people think it is too generic and don't want to export the whole gesture framework to QML. But this is not a big problem, since we already proofed that it is possible and it can be done as a plugin. - We just have to keep talking to each other. ;-)
Denis

Zeno