Re: uTouch for Lucid Lynx

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 06:01 -0800, Duncan M. McGreggor wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Leonardo Morelli wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if there's a way to use uTouch in Kubuntu 10.04
> > Lucid. I
> > was able to install it on Maverick but had to switch back to Lucid
> > (video card related issues). And now I can't find a version for Lucid.
> > What about building it from source in Lucid? would it work?

There's no reason why _most_ of the uTouch stack should not just build
and run fine on 10.04.  The one exception is the evdev plugin for the
x.org server:  10.04 and 10.10 use the same upstream version of the
x.org server but the version of the evdev plugin we use as part of the
uTouch stack (2.3) is much newer than the one found in 10.04 (1.8).
Unfortunately this is Chase's area of expertise and I have no idea how
much effort would be required to backport evdev 1.8 to Lucid or what
impact it would have.

In the absence of expert input, the easiest way to find out is to build
everything for Lucid and see what happens.

--
Stephen M. Webb <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Ltd.