Re: Multitouch Games Update

On 01/30/2011 05:07 PM, Ulrich von Zadow wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> we've now updated our ppa with a first running game. To our knowledge, everything is installed where it should be. Installing it results in a running game with multitouch support :-).
>
> Multitouch support, however, is still based on libmtdev. Because of this, enabling multitouch requires jumping through some hoops - see https://www.libavg.de/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_Natty_Multitouch_Setup for instructions.
>
> At the same time, I've been working on XInput 2.1 support, but we were unable to get the current development libraries installed. After following the steps at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/XDevelopment, we end up with
>
> $ sudo apt-get upgrade
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages have been kept back:
>   libgl1-mesa-glx software-center xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-input-evdev
>   xserver-xorg-input-mouse xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
>   xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse xserver-xorg-video-apm xserver-xorg-video-ark
> [...]
>
> Various attempts to install single packages etc. always result in missing dependencies.
>
> This is on clean installs of the 1/26 Natty daily build and Natty alpha 1. An ideas what we should try next?

Yeah, it's tricky due to all the abi version dependencies. The X team
just pushed xserver 1.10 into natty two days ago, so I'm recreating
packages that are based on it. This will make things work much better. I
hope to have it all available in the ppa in a day or two.

> Anyway, our next steps are:
> - Get the rest of the games packaged. I don't expect big issues here anymore.
> - Get XInput to work.
>
> Anything we're missing? How/when do we trigger the process of moving the packages from the ppa to Ubuntu proper?

When you are ready to do so, we'll review your debian packaging to
ensure it looks right. Once all the fixes are made for the packaging,
we'll upload the packages for you.