Re: Multitouch Games Update

On Feb 2, 2011, at 4:05 PM, Chase Douglas wrote:

> On 01/30/2011 05:07 PM, Ulrich von Zadow wrote:
>>
>> Various attempts to install single packages etc. always result in missing dependencies.
>>
>> This is on clean installs of the 1/26 Natty daily build and Natty alpha 1. An ideas what we should try next?
>
> Yeah, it's tricky due to all the abi version dependencies. The X team
> just pushed xserver 1.10 into natty two days ago, so I'm recreating
> packages that are based on it. This will make things work much better. I
> hope to have it all available in the ppa in a day or two.

Thanks, sounds great.

>> Anyway, our next steps are:
>> - Get the rest of the games packaged. I don't expect big issues here anymore.
>> - Get XInput to work.
>>
>> Anything we're missing? How/when do we trigger the process of moving the packages from the ppa to Ubuntu proper?
>
> When you are ready to do so, we'll review your debian packaging to
> ensure it looks right. Once all the fixes are made for the packaging,
> we'll upload the packages for you.

Actually, we're at a point now where we _think_ the packages are ok. We currently have a package for the base library (python-libavg) and a game package (empcommand). Since we'll be basing the packages for the rest of  the games on the game package we already have, a short review of the current packages would be great.

Ulrich von Zadow | +49-172-7872715
Jabber: coder@xxxxxxxxxx
Skype: uzadow