Multitouch through X has landed in Natty!

Hi all,

It is with great pleasure that I write with news that pre-release XInput
2.1 support has landed in Natty! This is also good news because the
xorg-unstable ppa is currently in an inconsistent state :). As soon as
possible, everyone using the ppa should transition off of it. To do so, run:

$ sudo ppa-purge ppa:utouch-team/xorg-unstable

You may also want to remove the apt preferences file in
/etc/apt/preferences.d/ that was used to pin the packages from the ppa.

I will repurpose the ppa next week for more work, and this may cause
ppa-purge to not fully purge packages properly. So, please don't wait to
do this. If you have any issues during this process, email us or find us
on #ubuntu-touch and we'll make sure you get righted again :).

Please note that we are not pushing changes from xinput for touch events
back to Ubuntu, and Qt in Ubuntu has not been updated for touch support
yet (though it should be in a day or two). So for the time being there's
no easy test programs for multitouch. You can still install xinput and
qt packages from the ppa manually by downloading the debs and using dpkg
to install them, but I'd suggest just waiting for Qt packages to come
through.

If and when you find bugs, please file them against the utouch meta project:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/utouch/+filebug

This will ensure that our team sees the bug and we can move it to the
appropriate package.

Just to ward off a ton of duplicate bugs, we are aware of erroneous
error messages in the X log that look like:

(EE) no touch for emulated button press

The bug for this issue is:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/723900

Thanks for all your help testing!