Re: Multitouch through X has landed in Natty!

On 02/23/2011 03:10 PM, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> On 02/23/2011 12:53 PM, Chase Douglas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It is with great pleasure that I write with news that pre-release XInput
>> 2.1 support has landed in Natty!
>
> Chase, first of all: nice work! Thanks for helping so much on this
> gargantuan effort. You were a major moving force for this and you
> collaborated beautifully with Peter Hutterer and Daniel Stone. I think
> the three of you made an amazing team!
>
> Also: did you ever follow up with your original email on Xorg-devel
> about the use of Daneil+your latest grab/pointer emulation code? That
> we're in no way trying to dictate a direction, but rather just get
> something ready for tomorrow (and that we'll adopt whatever ends up
> being the final version)?

Not exactly, but there's been no comments yet either. I pinged Peter and
Daniel on #xorg-devel about the changes I proposed, and Daniel will be
taking a look in a few days. I've yet to sync up with Peter. There's
still some corner cases we need to ensure we get right, so we'll discuss
that soon I'm sure.

Thanks!

-- Chase