Re: New Multitouch Games

On Feb 23, 2011, at 1:50 PM, Chase Douglas wrote:

> When you start up, you can use XIChangeHierarchy to
> detach all touchscreens. This will inhibit them sending pointer events
> at all. Then you should subscribe to XIAllDevices when you make your
> touch selections. Just remember to be kind and reattach the touch
> devices to the master pointer when you exit (including error exit paths).

Thanks for all the tips!

I've implemented this variant now, complete with signal handlers. It's in the libavg svn; OXullo will package it.

Note that when I started the unchanged game in windowed mode, it crashed on first touch because it got an XI_TouchEnd event without a corresponding  XI_TouchBegin. Should this ever happen? If not, you can reproduce it by starting

$ empcommand -w -r 800x600

with the unchanged package.

> Thinking about your games, none of them use the cursor I believe. Thus,
> there's really no point to confining the pointer to the window, and the
> fact you're using a touchscreen limits event grab necessity. The easiest
> thing to do would be to disable the SDL grab by calling:
>
> SDL_WM_GrabInput(SDL_GRAB_OFF);

That had no effect whatsoever.

Cheers,

  Uli