Re: Running ginn and uTouch-geis on Gentoo

2011/3/28 Chase Douglas <chase.douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On 03/27/2011 09:02 AM, Andreas Willich wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am making good progress, but I am currently stuck at compiling the
> > patched xorg-server. The 500_xi2.1.patch highers the required version of
> > inputproto to 2.0.99.1. But I do'nt find anything about this version.
> > What I already did with inputproto was, that I applied the changes from
> > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/x11proto-input/2.0.1-1ubuntu1
> .
>
> You can drop 500_xi2.1.patch. It adds support for XInput 2.1 (multitouch
> events), but is not needed for gesture functionality yet. You're free to
> use the patch and the associated patches to x11proto-input and libxi for
> multitouch support, but you may need to rebuild all your input modules
> for the new ABI afterwards.
>
> -- Chase

Hi

I am now able to compile and run ginn with XI2.1 an gentoo and I am
currently cleaning up the ebuilds.
Hopefully I will be finished in the next days. Then I will also make some
videos of the whole in action.

The problem I had with inputproto was, that the xi2.1 patch for input proto
change the version to 2.0.99.1.
Do you have an explanation for that? I think it is a little irritating when
you install a package with the version number 2.0.1 and in the pc-file is
version 2.0.99.1 entered.

Thanks for your help and please continue with the work on the uTouch stack.

Andreas