Re: Questions on MT meeting in Ubuntu app developer week.

On 04/27/2011 04:21 AM, peng zhang wrote:
> 2011/4/27 José Expósito <jose.exposito89@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:jose.exposito89@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
>     > With applications that uses own gestures I have problems because
>     > Touchégg intercede on it, I'll try to improve this bug.
>
> Can geis or grail provide APIs/ways to let those kind of app which own
> gestures by themselves register their specific gesture to grail, so that
> both grail and app-gesture co-work together?
> Say, this app deals with two-fingers drag gesture by itself, but doesn't
> declare to deal with three-fingers gesture, then touchegg still can send
> customized three-fingers event to this app.

The closest thing we have to this right now is an override for Unity.
When running the Unity environment, three and four finger interactions
will always be sent to Unity and will be prevented from reaching any
other geis clients.

The uTouch stack wasn't really created with the goal that multiple
clients would listen for the same gestures on the same window. It was
believed that the application should handle its own gesture recognition.
Ginn and Touchegg highlight how this is an issue with the design of the
uTouch stack. We will need to monitor this issue as we add native
gesture support to applications and toolkits. If we find it is a big
problem we will need to design some mechanism to remedy it.

If anyone has any good ideas on how to resolve this issue I would
encourage them to speak their mind :).

Thanks!

-- Chase