Re: [Multitouch-device-support]Decided if one usb-hid panel should be supported by hid-multitouch?

Hi anonymous

(am I the only one who has a hard time finding who has written messages sent to this list?)

A few of these fields are necessary only. We have working code (but not clean enough yet to be submitted) that detects multitouch devices so as to use hid-multitouch automatically, and we rely on a sentence in a Win7 document that says in essence that '0x51 means multitouch'. Of course, to be any useful at all the device needs to report X and Y too :-) We also usually rely on TipSwitch.

You can get the information from the device by using 'lsusb -v', but only after telling usbhid to stop grabbing the device (otherwise you are not allowed to query the report descriptors and you get an *UNAVAILABLE* message). There's a script for this in a howto on our web site (http://lii-enac.fr/en/architecture/linux-input/multitouch-howto.html).

(Benjamin, correct me if I'm any wrong, I'm talking from my memories).

Cheers,

St.